Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Suppose Introductions are in Order

Hello Internet Peeps!  Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Stacey.  I live in a small town in the Midwest.  I am a mother of three boys, ages 9, 7, and 3.  I also have a 19 year old step son and a 41 year old husband.  Right now my floor is covered in lego pieces, nerf-gun bullets, and hot wheel cars.

I enjoy baking and my husband and I have a table at the little Farmer's Market in town in the summer.  This consumes a lot of my time, but it's nice to make a little money off of a hobby.  I do the baking and Hubby does most of the gardening.

I enjoy a good bargain and would like to get back into bargain hunting on a more regular basis.  I hit the garage sales as I can.  I used to be a mean coupon queen, but have fallen off the coupon wagon.  Recently I  have started back up, but on a small scale.

I teach preschool and have done so for 12 years now.  Last year I took coursework and am now certified to teach preschool children with special needs.  My classroom includes both children with special needs and typically developing children.

I enjoy a good book, though those seem to be mainly children's books lately.  I also enjoy photography.

I love to follow blogs.  I have an un-Godly amount of blogs that I like to read.  Some are written by friends.  Others are written by complete strangers that I have grown to know as friends from their posts.

I hope to use this blog as a creative outlet, but also as a way to connect with others who have similar interests.  Thanks for reading.  If you are so inclined, please leave me a message and tell me a bit about yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is fun and you're going to do great at it! I've always admired the little family you and NC have created, far as I've ever read. Keep it up!

    (Karen, TVCH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. You are my first comment. In the words of Tess... Ack! I look forward to reading about Princess Chub Chub (I know she has a different nickname now, but I like that one.) and all her adventures. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey! I love your blog! And no worries about being boring or anything like that! You my friend are full of ideas, witty, can bake like Paula Dean, your creative, you have a pretty awesome family.. the list can go on for ever and ever! I look forward to following your journey. I haven't been at my own blog for a while. Holidays are tough for me as far as consuming food! Maybe some day I can beat it!
    Talk to you soon! Love and God Bless!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam!! You were another inspiration for this blog. I knew if you could put yourself out there, I could too. Thanks for all those crazy compliments. I'm not sure that I am worthy. I have been thinking about your struggles with the holidays. Take care, Toots. You are beating it.

    ReplyDelete