Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clean Sweep-- Weekend 1

I have been working on decluttering some clothes this weekend as part of Clean Mama's Clean Sweep Challenge.  I took three garbage bags in to the thrift store Saturday morning.

As a fun aside, Brianna and friends were holding a bake sale to fund her upcoming trip to Haiti, so I felt both rewarded for bringing in my stuff and glad to help a good cause by buying a treat.  I got some cookies for the boys and this scrumptious ice cream sundae cupcake for myself (that was really hard to eat in the car, but worth it).

I have two more garbage bags ready to be dropped off.  I have two grocery sacks of Brody's 3T clothes ready for our younger cousin, Drayson.  I have started a pile of some stuff for a garage sale.  I have gone through the mountain of clothes in our room and all three boys' dressers.  There is still clothes to be gone through (unbelievable, I know), and bags to get to their destinations, but I feel like I've made a good dent.  Can't wait to see what this week's challenge is!

2 comments: